The Right Time to Get a Dental Crown
If Dr. Davis recommends a dental crown, a couple of things may be happening that require us to strengthen and reinforce a tooth with a durable restoration.
We use durable zirconia and eMax crowns to support a tooth that has been compromised in some way, and we use them to strengthen and protect teeth in the following cases:
- When a tooth has too much decay to be fixed with a filling
- To anchor a dental bridge to adjacent teeth
- After implant placement to restore function and appearance
- After root canal therapy to further protect and strengthen a tooth
- Your bite is off and we need to restore its balance
Dr. Davis has placed thousands of dental crowns in Hummelstown and is well known for his durable, state-of-the-art restorations. He uses zirconia and eMax, two of the most durable materials used today to fabricate crowns.
If you think you might need a crown, please call our office to arrange a consultation. Dr. Davis will check to see what’s going on, make recommendations to resolve the problem, and help you decide if a crown is right for your needs.