Invisalign in Hershey PA
Are misaligned teeth driving you crazy? Every time you look in the mirror, you may be reminded all over again that your smile is not living up to your expectations.
Until recently, the only choice adults had for straightening their teeth was metal brackets and wires on their teeth. Faced with the choice of metal braces or misaligned teeth, many patients just chose to live with a crooked smile.
But a lot has improved about dentistry, including the technology and materials we use. Today, Wesley R. Davis, DDS offers comfortable and convenient with Invisalign for patients in Hershey, PA, who want a straighter smile without the hassle of metal braces.
Call to Arrange an Invisalign Appointment
Invisalign is the ideal solution for teens and adults who want to improve their appearance and boost their confidence. If you’re tired of your crooked smile impacting your confidence and interactions with others, contact our office to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with Dr. Davis today!
- Invisalign: Straighter Teeth without Metal Braces
- Why So Many Adults Choose Invisalign
- How Invisalign Clear Aligners Work
- The Invisalign Process in 5 Steps
Invisalign: Straighter Teeth without Metal Braces
Teeth that are crooked, crowded, or overlapped do more than impact your smile and confidence. Since they’re difficult to brush and floss, misaligned teeth jeopardize your oral health because they increase your risk of cavities and gum disease. But treatment with Invisalign invisible braces delivers transformative results with minimal disruption of your daily routines.
Clear, smooth aligners are nearly invisible and shift teeth into their correct position. Invisalign aligners are so inconspicuous that most people will never notice you’re having your teeth straightened.
There are many reasons to love Invisalign aligners. They are discreet, so no one has to know you’re wearing them. And they won’t cramp your lifestyle, either. You can take Invisalign aligners out when you eat or for special occasions. Just remember to wear them at least 22 hours a day to see the fastest results.
Would you like to learn more about Invisalign? Please call our Hershey, PA dental office, and we will be happy to arrange a consultation that just may change your smile AND your life!
Why So Many Adults Choose Invisalign
More and more adults are learning that Invisalign is a convenient alternative to straightening their teeth with metal braces. With Invisalign clear aligners at our Hershey, PA dental office, we’ll help you achieve the straight smile you want, and you’ll be smiling proudly again in no time.
Here are several reasons why adults choose Invisalign instead of metal braces:
- Improved comfort – Forget metal braces with rough edges that poke into the soft tissue in your mouth. Invisalign aligners are made of crystal-clear, durable plastic, and we customize each set to conform to the shape of your teeth for a perfect, comfortable fit.
- Easier oral hygiene – It can be difficult to remove food debris from metal brackets and wires, but keeping your teeth clean with Invisalign is a breeze. Since the clear aligners are removable, just brush and floss your teeth as you usually do.
- No adjustments - Since Invisalign aligners do not need adjustments as bracket and wire braces do, you only need to make visits to our office every four to six weeks so we can check on your progress and give you your next sets of aligners.
- Appearance – Most adults who are looking for orthodontics don’t want to announce to the world that they are undergoing treatment. Invisalign aligners are crystal clear and conform perfectly to your teeth, making them virtually invisible.
- No food restrictions – With Invisalign, there are no food restrictions as there are with metal braces. The crystal-clear aligners are removable, so you can take them out for meals and continue to enjoy the foods you simply can’t live without. Just be sure to brush your teeth before placing the aligners back in your mouth, to prevent trapping food debris that can lead to cavities and gum disease.
There’s a lot to think about when considering adult braces like Invisalign, and the team at our Hershey, PA dental office wants to support you in every way possible. If you want to know more about treatment with Invisalign, please don’t hesitate to give Dr. Davis a call. He will be happy to meet with you to answer your questions so you can see if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.
How Invisalign Clear Aligners Work
Today there are several types of adult orthodontics, and we’ve chosen to offer Invisalign to our patients. Invisalign moves your teeth in the same way metal braces do, but the approach is unique.
- What Invisalign is – Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear acrylic aligners to move teeth. Using state-of-the-art digital imaging, Dr. Wesley Davis prepares a plan that predicts the movement of your teeth with Invisalign aligners. This information is sent to a special Invisalign lab that fabricates a series of customized aligners just for you.
- What Invisalign does – Invisalign clear braces correct alignment problems like crooked, crowded, or overlapped teeth. They can also address overbites, underbites, and crossbites. Dr. Davis will explain that you should wear each set of Invisalign aligners for two to three weeks, then switch them out for the next set in the series. We customize the clear aligners to gently and gradually move your teeth into the correct position.
- Who Invisalign benefits – Invisalign is an excellent choice for adults who need orthodontic treatment but want to avoid the embarrassment and nuisance of traditional metal braces. And there’s no age limit to Invisalign treatment; patients in their 60s, 70s, and even 80s can all get Invisalign to finally have the straighter smile they've always wanted.
The Invisalign Process in 5 Steps
There are several steps we need to take together to get you started with Invisalign treatment in Hershey, PA:
- We perform your Invisalign exam: We start your Invisalign journey by arranging an appointment with Dr. Davis at our Hershey, PA dental office. During this appointment, Dr. Davis will evaluate your oral health and the extent of your tooth misalignment to determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign treatment.
- We plan your Invisalign treatment: Dr. Davis takes digital x-rays and impressions of your teeth that he uses to develop your personalized Invisalign treatment plan. The goal is to determine how your teeth will move through each stage of treatment until they’re in an optimal position.
- You pick up your Invisalign aligners: An outside Invisalign lab expertly customizes and crafts your clear aligners. When they’re ready, you’ll return to our Hershey dental office to pick up your aligners and get instructions for wearing them.
- You wear your aligners as instructed: Dr. Davis will instruct you to wear each set of Invisalign clear aligners 22 hours a day for two to three weeks. Then you’ll start wearing the next set of aligners as your teeth begin gently moving as predicted. Each time you change to the next set of clear aligners, you’ll see a bit more progress and stay motivated because you know your teeth are moving!
- Enjoy your new smile: Invisalign treatment times are different for everyone and depend on how much we have to move your teeth and how diligent you are about wearing them as instructed. But once you’re finished with treatment, all that’s left is for you to go out and enjoy your beautiful, straight smile.
The first step to getting Invisalign in Hershey, PA is to call us and schedule an appointment with Dr. Davis, so we can explain the process and answer your questions. Please call us at (717) 533-4202 to get started.